A Voluntary Non-Profit Organisation Serving the Local Community CHY 19910 Incorporating Sub Aqua Diving and Kayaking
Old Quay School
The ‘Old’ Quay School, formerly known as Quignamanger National School, was built in 1885. It was built on land donated to the parish by the Cowley family. It closed its doors as a school in May 1983, and apart from 2 years of occupation in 2003 to 2005, it remained unused. By 2013, it had become unsightly. We then approached St. Muredach’s Trust with the aim of securing a long term lease and restoration of this centennial building for use as a base. Every effort as been made to retain the heritage of this old building.
It is listed on the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage